Updated March 16, 2021
The Website includes, but is not limited to and all other sites and mobile applications owned and operated by PayBright that redirect to the Website, all subdomains provided through such other site or the Website, and all downloadable applications, features, functionality, content or information that is made available or provided on the Website.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect certain types of Personal Information, including the following:
- your contact information, such as name, title, address, telephone number, facsimile, or e-mail address;
- program and service information regarding your financing and repayment programs;
- information that may be used in the course of credit adjudication, including self-reported income levels, housing status, employment status, credit bureau files, bank account transaction history, and social insurance numbers;
- copies of personal identification cards, such as driver’s licenses; and
- billing information, including banking information collected for pre-authorized payment purposes, credit card number(s) or other payment-method details, and your billing and payment status and history; and
- certain information about your website traffic patterns, which may be linked to your Internet Protocol (IP) addresses (which are unique Internet “addresses” assigned to all Internet users by their Internet Service Providers). Server logs may record statistical information, such as visitors’ IP addresses, type of operating systems, time and duration of visit, and pages requested, and identify categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types. For more information, please refer to the section below titled “Cookies and Other Website Features”.
Use of Your Personal Information
We generally use your Personal Information to:
- provide you with the PayBright Services;
- evaluate your application and determine your initial and ongoing eligibility for our financial products and services;
- respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- confirm your identity;
- process billing and invoices, and manage, administer, and collect your payments for products or services;
- report account information, such as credit limit, balances and payment information, to credit bureaus;
- maintain business records for reasonable periods and generally manage and administer our business;
- meet legal, regulatory, security, and processing requirements, or otherwise as permitted or required by law;
- help us learn more about your interests and preferences, and may be used to send you periodic information about our products and services (if you have chosen that option);
- maintain contact with you as permitted by law; and
- any other reasonable purposes to which you consent.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use, process, transfer, and store any data about individuals and customers or partners in an anonymous (or pseudonymous) and aggregated manner. We may combine Personal Information with other information collected online and offline, including information from third party sources. We may share anonymized data with lenders and other capital providers.
By using the Website and/or the PayBright Services, you agree that we are hereby licensed to collect, use, share, and store anonymized (or pseudonymized) aggregated data collected through the Website or your use of the PayBright Services for benchmarking, analytics, metrics, research, reporting, machine learning, and other business purposes.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Affiliates: We may disclose your Personal Information to the following affiliates under common ownership or control: Affirm Holdings Inc., Affirm, Inc., PayBright Funding GP Inc., and PayBright Funding Limited Partnership.
Merchants: In the course of completing or partially completing a loan application with us and/or obtaining financial services from us, some of your Personal Information will be disclosed to the merchant(s) from whom you are applying to purchase services or products in connection with your application. This information may include, without limitation, your contact information and your available credit with us, even if you do not transact. The merchant may use this information to contact you.
Employees and Service Providers: We may transfer Personal Information to employees and outside agents or service providers located in Canada, the United States, and Australia (for example, credit bureaus, billing service providers, collection agents, marketing agencies, data storage providers, and other lenders), in which case we will use contractual or other reasonable means designed to ensure that your Personal Information is protected and not used or disclosed for any purposes other than as directed by us. We may also from time to time cooperate with suppliers, service providers, and partners for the purposes of providing you with additional services or products or for advising us on matters such as market research and data processing. Such parties will be given only the information required necessary to perform their services and are required to adhere to our privacy standards. In the event we transfer your Personal Information to another lender, regardless of whether the lender extends you an offer of financial services or not, and whether you accept such an offer or not, the lender may use your Personal Information to conduct its own marketing activities, including by emailing you.
Professional Advisors: We may share your Personal Information with our business partners or agents acting on our behalf or with our financial, insurance, legal, accounting or other advisors that provide professional services to us.
Financing Sources/Sale of Business: Your Personal Information may be used by us and disclosed to parties connected with the contemplated or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purpose of permitting such parties to determine whether to proceed or continue with such transaction, to fulfill reporting, inspection, or audit requirements or obligations to such parties. In the event that all or part of our business or assets to which your Personal Information relates is sold, assigned, or otherwise disposed of, your Personal Information will be used and disclosed by such parties for substantially the same purposes as described in this policy.
Legal/Compliance: We may otherwise disclose Personal Information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, or as permitted or required by law. We may disclose Personal Information without your consent, for example, to comply with a court order, to comply with local, provincial, or federal regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency, or to collect a debt owed to us.
Security and Storage
Access to your information is provided to our employees and other parties only on a need-to-know basis. We protect your Personal Information using physical, electronic, or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, which may include safeguards to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Authorized employees and agents of PayBright who require access to your Personal Information in order to fulfill their job requirements will have access to your Personal Information.
Your information may be stored by us and other parties in electronic or physical files. Electronic files are stored on servers which may be located outside of Canada, including in the United States. In the event that such information is located outside of Canada, foreign governments, courts of law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of this information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We do not warrant or represent that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
Cookies and Other Website Features
Our Website may contain links to other websites that are provided as a convenience only, and which may have different privacy policies and practices than PayBright and, accordingly, we have no responsibility for such third-party websites, and individuals are advised to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites they visit.
Text Message Communications
Access, Correction, and Contacting Us
We may establish and maintain a file of your Personal Information for the purposes described above, and which will be accessible at our Corporate Office in Toronto, Ontario. You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information at any time by contacting us. If you wish to request access or correction of your Personal Information in our custody or control, or if you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our Personal Information practices, you may contact us via our request form , or at the contract details included below. Your right to access or correct your Personal Information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. If you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your Personal Information, we may no longer be able to provide certain products or services to you.
181 Bay Street, Suite 2100, Toronto ON M5J 2T3, Canada
The following paragraph applies to Quebec consumers only: If you are a consumer residing in Quebec, you have the right to request access to and to correct the Personal Information that we hold about you, including credit reports we consult or any recommendations as to your solvency. You can access, review and edit your Personal Information at any time by logging in to your account on our website or by contacting us at 877-276-2780. You can also request access to Personal Information not appearing in your online account. Such requests should be made in writing and addressed to our Privacy Officer. We will respond to such request within 30 days. Should we refuse to grant you access, we will provide you with our reasons to do so in writing. We will use our best efforts to ensure that Personal Information is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the identified purposes.